As a non citizen, what type of visa must I have to buy insurance through the health care exchanges?
Generally only US citizens can take advantage of Marketplace subsidies, however you can still shop on the Marketplace with:
- Valid non-immigrant visas
- Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (with temporary I-551 language)
- Victim of trafficking visa
- Victim of trafficking and his or her spouse, child, sibling, or parent or individuals with a pending application for a victim of trafficking visa
- Individual with Non-immigrant Status (includes worker visas, student visas, and citizens of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands, and Palau)
NOTE: Temporary work and student visas that will allow access to ObamaCare (not Medicaid) include the following: H-1B, E-2, F-1, J-1.