Maximums and Deductibles on HSA-Eligible Plans in 2024
Below are the HSA limits for 2024. These are the limits for not only HSA contributions but also the limits for HSA-eligible plans under the ACA.
HSA Chart for 2024
First off, here is an easy-to-read 2024 HSA chart that sums up HSA minimums, maximums, and limits. See detailed information below.
|2024||Minimum Deductible||Maximum Out-of-Pocket||Contribution Limit||55+ Contribution|
Minimum Deductible for HSA Eligibility 2024
- $1,600 for self-only coverage ($100 increase from 2023)
- $3,200 for family coverage ($200 increase from 2023)
NOTE: The minimum deductible is the minimum deductible your High Deductible Health Plan must have after cost assistance.
Maximum Out-of-Pocket Limit for HSA Eligibility 2024
- $8,050 for self-only coverage ($550 increase from 2023)
- $16,100 for family coverage ($11,00 increase from 2023)
NOTE: The maximum out-of-pocket is the highest maximum a plan can have to qualify for an HSA.
TIP: The maximums are slightly lower on HSA-compatible plans than they are in general on health plans. This has to do with the fact that the rates are raised by different mechanisms. The difference allows for non-HSA compatible high deductible plans. Thus, if you want an HSA, make sure your plan is “HSA Eligible.”
HSA Contribution Limit for 2024
- $4,150 for self-only coverage ($300 increase from 2022)
- $8,300 for family coverage ($550 increase from 2022)
NOTE: 55 plus can contribute an extra $1,000.
TIP: See Rev. Proc. 2023-23 for final HSA levels.