The ObamaCare alternative, a plan by Burr, Hatch, and Upton called the Patient Choice, Affordability, Responsibility, and Empowerment (CARE) Act is here. Just wait until you see what is inside.
Find out what the Republican ObamaCare alternative means to you..
Quick ObamaCare Replacement Facts
Go to the benefits, rights, and protections page. It eliminates all of this. Also:
- All of the cost curbing measures and consumer protections are eliminated, aside from Medicare Reform.
- It reinstates preexisting conditions and annual limits.
- It allows for people to be charged more for coverage.
- It eliminates some subsidies and lowers others.
- It makes Medicaid eligibility more narrow.
- It doesn’t really address federal healthcare spending as it eliminates some subsidies and cost cubing measures, but then enacts others and cuts taxes.
Some things it gets right:
- It gives tax breaks to businesses.
- It allows employees to get tax credits.
- It set’s up a “debt panel” streamlining medical malpractice litigation.
- It enacts a for profit single payer system with automatic inclusion, but with an opt-out option.
Read our breakdown of the entire Patient Choice, Affordability, Responsibility, and Empowerment (CARE) proposal including the implications of each proposed cut and change.