Who is ObamaCareFacts.com, and Who Runs this Website?
ObamaCareFacts.com is an honest, independent, and grassroots informational website created by two guys sick of digging through the talking points to get to the facts.
ObamaCareFacts.com is created and maintained by dog Media Solutions LLC.
Walt Whitney is the head editor of this website and a managing partner of dog Media. Thomas DeMichele is the head author, fact-checker, and managing partner of the website and dog Media. Sean Sullivan (founder of HealthNetwork) is our trusted ad partner and advisor. We have over a decade in health insurance and manage popular health insurance websites such as FactsonMedicare.com.
Contact us with questions.
- We are honest in that we don’t have hidden motives, we support the American people and their healthcare, and we support better cheaper healthcare, but with that in mind, we try to remain as unbiased as we can when presenting the information.
- We are grassroots in that we have no political funding or agenda (in other words, this is an independent site with no ties to any political party, state or federal government, or HealthCare.Gov. We also don’t have any ties to insurers aside from indirectly through advertising. We also don’t get funding from political or non-partisan organizations. This site is just the result of the internet + the first amendment + web skills + moral duty + good old-fashioned capitalism in the digital age).
- We are independent in that we aren’t affiliated with a party or a specific healthcare plan.
- We are open to any and all contributions from the public and have made it a goal to increase community involvement continually.
- The quality of information on this site is important to us. Let us know if you feel any information is inaccurate, misleading, missing, or could be improved.
- If you are looking for answers to an Affordable Care Act-related question, and can’t find the answer on our site, ask us.
Our Qualifications and Team
In an effort to be transparent, our small business is (dog) Media Solutions, located in Newman Lake, WA.
- We have 10+ years of experience writing about health insurance.
- ObamaCareFacts.com has been used by over 40 million people and used as a resource by the New York Times.
- We have trusted partners in the health insurance industry, including Health Network.
- We have spent the past 20+ years helping businesses around the country succeed online.
- We have also created a number of other free informational websites.
- Our main focus is on creating free informational media and participating in free public education via the internet.
Contributors to the website (past and present) consist of people with decades of experience in informational websites and health insurance, including:
- Tom DeMichele: Head Author and Content Strategist for (dog) Media Solutions projects, including ObamaCareFacts.com, MedicarePolicyHelper.com, FactsOnMedicare.com, and FactMyth.com. (All content on this site is written by Tom DeMichele except when otherwise noted).
- Carter Bastian: Author and Editor
- Erin Georgen: Design and Editor
- Linda deSolla Price: Editor
- Paul Mullen: Author and Advisor
- Mark Rudnitskiy: Social Media
- Sean Sullivan: Advertising
- Walt Whitney: Editor, Marketing, and Managing Partner
Quality Content and Free Information
We want to live in a world where quality information is free, accurate, easy to find, and easy to understand. We feel the best way to ensure that we live in that world is to help create free informational websites and to help like-minded people understand how to get important information seen.
We try to keep our site unbiased because we believe that the facts should speak louder than talking points. That being said, we are happy to know that we can play a small part in helping tens of millions of Americans get affordable coverage.
What Makes You So Smart?
Since early 2012 our team has been researching the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare industry, and the history of American healthcare.
Our research includes:
- Reading the PPACA
- Reading CBO reports
- Reading updates and clarifications to the law
- Staying up-to-date on the latest changes to the law
- Following related court cases
- Reading updates from HHS.Gov, CMS.Gov, HealthCare.Gov, Whitehouse.Gov, etc.
- Following the news and AP reports
- Staying on top of updates and forms issued by the IRS
- Studying how the law impacts businesses and state budgets
- Talking to our readers to understand what aspects of the law are polarizing and why
- Studying polls from Gallup, data, and reports from Kaiser, and looking at other smart non-official sources
- Studying benefit sheets, insurance jargon, and how health insurance relates to healthcare
- Talking to local hospital workers, people, and politicians to understand what they think
It’s been over a thousand days since we started researching the Affordable Care Act (that’s more days than the PPACA has pages!). While we don’t have some magic certification that officially makes us experts, we have a pretty solid understanding of the PPACA.
Relevant Quality Advertising
In the world of healthcare and health insurance, there are a lot of players. Luckily for everyone, the healthcare industry is highly regulated (even more so now under the ACA). Still, we try to vet all the advertising on our site to make sure they will actually show you your options inside and outside the marketplace. We also try to make it clear when you are clicking on an ad. We also do our best to ensure that all advertisers comply with the law, not reselling your information, and always point folks in the right direction for them. We didn’t create the health insurance industry, but we feel we have the responsibility to help you understand it and shop smart.
We also use other media to help spread awareness of truth and to promote education. This includes video, social media, and more.
We are continually in the process of research and development in an effort to improve this site and to refine our work moving forward. If you’d like to help with anything or want to say nice things. Contact us now.
If you want to cite our site for school, then you can cite it as a secondary resource. We include links to all primary sources we use when stating facts. If you are citing us in an online article, then a link to the site is fine.