My kids lost their medical insurance in 2014 because Social Services said they never received my reinstatement paperwork which I mailed to them. When I called to get them coverage they said they no longer offered medical assistance through social services and that I had to enroll for ObamaCare. I contacted my employer health care team to try to get my children on my plan through work. Today I spoke with a rep from Maryland Health Connection who said I could pay $64 a month for both children to be covered. I want to sign them up for it but I am concerned what is going to happen to me because they went without insurance from Sept. 2014 until April 1st, 2015. Can I receive an exemption for those months?


If you have a gap in coverage due to an insurer error you may be able to claim a "general hardship" from the Marketplace. You can learn more about your options from our exemptions page.


Rate and Comment on the Answer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.