In the year of 2014 I was enrolled in NYS Medicaid. Will I need a 1095-A form to file my taxes for the 2015 tax season?


Medicaid does not require a 1095 form. If you had coverage all year, simply mark the corresponding line on your 1040 (line 61 on traditional 1040).

That being said, a 1095 will help if you didn't have coverage all year and need to claim exemptions or determine your Shared Responsibility Payment.

Rate and Comment on the Answer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Andy on

I had Rhode Island Medicaid as of April of last year because I turned 26 on April 15th. My parents did not me this year on their taxes. Do I need a 1095-A to do my taxes? I made less than $2500.00 last year and the year before. on

Your parents actually need to claim you for the months you were on the plan so they can adjust tax credits from what I understand.

Kimberly on

Good Day

I would like to find out who do I contact in reference to the 1095-A for a person who was enrolled in Maryland medicaid.