I claim a niece on my tax returns, but she lives in Mexico . Do I need pay penalty if she does not have coverage?


If a dependent is living outside of the US for more than 330 days in a year, you don't owe the fee for them, even if you claim them. You'll need to file exemption form 8965 to claim the exemption.

Rate and Comment on the Answer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.