Medicare open enrollment 2023 ends December 7th. Don’t forget to shop for Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D plans!
Every year during Medicare’s Annual Enrollment you can make changes to your coverage and enroll in a Medicare plan.
During this period:
- You can switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage with or without a drug plan.
- You can switch from Medicare Advantage to Original Medicare.
- You can switch Medicare Advantage plans or without a drug plan.
- You can enroll in a Medicare Part D plan.
- You can drop a Medicare Part D plan.
You can enroll through Medicare.gov or any licensed agent! So how you shop is up to you.
FACT: It’s illegal to charge you different prices for the same Medicare plan. The Medicare Give Back Benefit is based on region, assistance is based on factors like income and late penalties. Meanwhile, premium pricing, in general, is based on factors like region and plan. You can shop around for benefits, but premium and cost-sharing amounts don’t change based on where you shop for a given plan.