I need my proof of coverage and tax credits for ObamaCare so I can do my taxes. How do I get this?


You are looking for a 1095 form. If you got marketplace insurance, your 1095-A form (Health Insurance Marketplace Statement) is mailed to the IRS from the marketplace and can be accessed via your HealthCare.Gov account or your state-based marketplace.

To find your 1095-A on Healthcare.Gov:

  1. Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
  2. Under "Your Existing Applications," select last year's application, not the current year's application.
  3. Select “Tax Forms” from the menu on the left.
  4. Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.

The process should be similar on state-based exchanges.

If you didn't get covered through the marketplace, your insurer should send on a 1095-B or your employer may give you a 1095-C.

NOTE: In states where the "individual mandate" to get coverage has been removed, which is most states, 1095-B forms may not be sent out. If you need your 1095-B, you can request it from your insurer or download it from their website.

Rate and Comment on the Answer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.