When Does Open Enrollment End?
Open enrollment ends February 15th. That means February 15th is your last chance to get cost assistance and coverage each year, unless you qualify for a special enrollment period.
It’s easy to be distracted by the eerily staged subsidy lawsuit, or the lackluster GOP ObamaCare replacement plan. But for Americans who don’t have health coverage, the focus needs to be shopping for the best health plan at the best price.
Don’t have coverage yet, or haven’t logged into your account since last year? Here is what you need to know:
- Your last chance to get covered is February 15th. Miss that deadline and you’ll be relying on special enrollments and exemptions.
- It’s also your last chance to change your plan and ensure you are getting the right amount of cost assistance.
- 1 in 6 Americans can get a Health Insurance Marketplace plan for $100 or less.
- 87% of people who selected marketplace plans for 2015 got financial assistance.
- You can shop for quotes on Marketplace plans with the help of HealthCare.Gov or a Qualified Broker.
- Ten million have already qualified for free or low cost Medicaid and CHIP.
- Tens of millions who are eligible for free or low cost coverage will go without coverage this year, some will end up owing a fee because of it.
Get informed, get covered, join the 10 million Americans who got low cost health insurance on the Health Insurance Marketplace.