Her insurance terminates when she turns 19 yrs old, she is in college full time and will make under $5000 for the year of 2015…. can she get her own policy?


Your child can get a university plan, stay on your plan, get a Marketplace plan, or qualify for Medicaid. The option you choose will depend upon income, what state they live in, and whether or not you claim them as a dependent. If you claim them as a dependent then assistance is based on your income, if not Medicaid could be an option at that income amount.

Rate and Comment on the Answer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.