My husband was terminated from his job this week. Can we keep our coverage through his former place of employment until he finds another job and can get coverage at the new job?


When you lose employer coverage you can either enroll in Health Insurance Marketplace coverage or get COBRA. If you choose COBRA you won't be able to get Marketplace coverage again until next open enrollment or until your COBRA runs out. In order to use the Marketplace after losing an employer plan or COBRA you need to enroll via special enrollment which offers a 60 day special enrollment period for losing employer based coverage.

Rate and Comment on the Answer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.