Can I Keep Coverage When Switching Employers?

I’m Thinking of working for the VA. I currently work for the state. I have an autistic son and carry insurance for my family. I need my current coverage and what it covers (no cap for ABA) for my son. Can I keep my current insurance coverage and transfer it with me to the VA?

Leave a comment

We'll never share your email with anyone else.

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

I don’t have a comment, I have a question. As of February 1, I will no longer be employed with my current company. I will become an independent transcriptionist. Am I eligible for coverage? Will I need proof of employment?


You should be eligible to enroll for Coverage on the Marketplace using a Special Enrollment period. You apply for Special Enrollment through The Health and Human Services Secretary recently made changes, so you may be required to prove that you qualify for special enrollment. They will let you know what documentation you need when you apply, but you do qualify for 60 day open enrollment perion when you are losing employer based coverage (even if they offer COBRA).

ObamaCareFacts is a free informational site. It's privately owned, and is not owned, operated, or endorsed by the US federal government or state governments. Our contributors have over a decade of experience writing about health insurance. However, we do not offer professional official legal, tax, or medical advice. See: Legal Information and Cookie Policy. For more on our company, learn About or Contact us.