How Do I Leave a Family Plan and Get My Own Tax Credits?

This past tax year I had to file as a dependent to my father because I am under him for Obama care. I want to have my own Obama care account. How do I separate from his plan?

Leave a comment

We'll never share your email with anyone else.

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

my daughter age 23 is a family tax dependent who has never worked (family of 4; approx. $25,000 family AGI); Our family insurance has now taken her off coverage because they say their plan is vested (my retiree State of Alaska plan) and does not allow dependents over age 23 to participate, My daughter is 325 pounds and has social interaction difficulties but no formal diagnoses. PLEASE TELL ME IF SHE QUALIFIES FOR A OBAMACARE PLAN AND most importantly both SUBSIDIES? thank you! (daughters DOB 9-3-1993)

ObamaCareFacts is a free informational site. It's privately owned, and is not owned, operated, or endorsed by the US federal government or state governments. Our contributors have over a decade of experience writing about health insurance. However, we do not offer professional official legal, tax, or medical advice. See: Legal Information and Cookie Policy. For more on our company, learn About or Contact us.