Do I need a 1095 Form if I had Medicaid, CHIP, or Medicare?


If you had Medicaid, CHIP, or Medicare you should get a 1095-B sent Form 1095-B. A 1095-B can help you complete your taxes, for example if you had marketplace coverage for part of the year and need to file a 8962 form for tax credits.

If you did not get a 1095-B, you should follow up with your state Medicaid department for Medicaid or CHIP or your Medicare provider for Medicare.

1095-B forms are sent to both you and the IRS. If you had coverage all year and don't need to file other healthcare forms, you may not need your 1095-B at all to complete your tax forms.

Rate and Comment on the Answer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.