Last Chance to Enroll in a Health Plan For 2015 is Today February 15th
Barring any official extensions, today February 15th, 2015 is the last day to enroll in a health plan for 2015. That means:
- You won’t have an opportunity to get a health plan for the rest of the year (as in you can’t buy health insurance outside of Open Enrollment!), unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- If you don’t get health insurance, that counts as Minimum Essential Coverage, you’ll owe the fee for each month you or a dependent goes without coverage.
- If you don’t sign up for a Marketplace account, you won’t know if you are one of the 6 in 10 who can get a Marketplace plan for a $100 or less.
- If you don’t sign up, you won’t know if you can get free or low cost coverage for your family through Medicaid or CHIP.
- If you don’t sign up, you just may regret it in April when you are asked to pay the Shared Responsibility Payment on your 1040.
- Last year those who created accounts, but had trouble enrolling in a plan got an extension to finish the enrollment process. Those who didn’t even submit an application didn’t.
- What are you doing still reading this? Go to HealthCare.Gov and create an application or enroll with a Private insurer outside the Marketplace. Whatever coverage option you choose, you’ll have to take action today.
Help i need to sign up