Will An HRA or Employer Payment Plan Affect Tax Credits on Form 8962?

How can i file ( report ) the form 8962, when my employer contributes to my Obama care premium 50% each month? What do they call this? Policy sharing?

Leave a comment

We'll never share your email with anyone else.

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

If you have an HRA in your retirement plan to help off-set medical cost can you also get tax credits when using Obamacare to get insurance?


You can’t get assistance if you are getting employer coverage and contributing to an HRA, this is due to the rule that assistance is for Marketplace plans sold on the individual market and you would be getting an employer plan. With that said, if you have an existing HRA and get a marketplace plan, or if you contribute to an HSA and have a marketplace plan you can get assistance.

ObamaCareFacts is a free informational site. It's privately owned, and is not owned, operated, or endorsed by the US federal government or state governments. Our contributors have over a decade of experience writing about health insurance. However, we do not offer professional official legal, tax, or medical advice. See: Legal Information and Cookie Policy. For more on our company, learn About ObamaCareFacts.com or Contact us.