If you have no income but child support, and are on government assistance (food stamps) can you file for an exemption? If so which one and would it count for 2014?


You only have to file an exemptions tax form if you are filing a tax return. If your taxable income is above the tax filing threshold then you should apply to HealthCare.Gov and see if you qualify for free or low-cost coverage.

See our exemptions list to understand what options you have, you have many in your situation.

The affordability exemption is always a safe bet, it qualifies you for the whole year. The Medicaid eligibility one is great for those in the "Medicaid Gap" too.

Rate and Comment on the Answer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.