I am a Retired Veteran and 40% disabled. I currently have Tricare Prime and I am being forced by my Contract company to pay for the Obamacare also. I pay for Tricare Prime also. I have been on the Tricare web site and it states that my coverage covers the Affordable Health care act. So basically I am paying for both and not being given an Opt out option by my company. Is this legal or not.
In your case specifically: An employer can only offer group health plans (or in the case of the Military VA and TRICARE), it cannot require you to enroll in health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace. You should not opt out of TRICARE.
The following types of TRICARE are minimum essential coverage:
- TRICARE Prime
- TRICARE Prime Remote
- TRICARE Prime Overseas
- TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
- TRICARE Standard and Extra
- TRICARE Standard Overseas
- TRICARE For Life
- TRICARE Reserve Select (if purchased)
- TRICARE Retired Reserve (if purchased)
- TRICARE Young Adult (if purchased)
- US Family Health Plan
- Transitional Assistance Management Program (transitional)
- Continued Health Care Benefit Program (transitional)