Can I Change Plans After Enrolling?
My son recently purchased health care coverage, but now finds that his doctor does not take his plan. Can he switch to a different plan before Feb 15th or does he have to wait until next year open enrollment?
You can change plans during open enrollment, or if you qualify for special enrollment, even if you are enrolled in a plan already.
Do note that your current plan will cover you until your new one takes effect (assuming you pay on time).
During Open Enrollment:
- Log into your Marketplace account.
- Select your 2015 application, then click on "My Plans & Programs."
- Click the blue "Change Plans" button for the plan you want to replace.
- Check the effective dates to be sure you stay covered.
- Enroll in coverage. You can contact your plan to confirm enrollment. Be sure to pay your premium.
- After the end of the Open Enrollment period, most people can’t enroll or make changes to their 2015 plan unless they qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- You can also change plans by phone. Contact the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325).
- Online. Log in to your Marketplace account and report your changes on your application by selecting the “Report a Life Change” button. If your new eligibility results show that you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you can then shop for plans and enroll in a different one.
- By phone. Contact the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)
It is impossible to get through to anyone by phone, and my question is not answered on this website.
What is the question? You can always use google to search and then put in ObamaCareFacts.com. There search engine is better than ours, go figure.
This answer was not helpful.
What happens to expenses you had during January if you change your plan after they occur?