If someone is SEPARATED over a year from spouse – Can they sign up as SINGLE? Or must the divorce be completed to do this?


Access to cost assistance is based on filing status. If you plan to file separately then you can get an individual plan with tax credits, even if you aren't divorced.

You'll need to be clear on your application.

You may also want to brush up on form 8962 to better understand what your requirements will be when you do adjust your tax credits at the end of the year.

Rate and Comment on the Answer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.