Annual Open Enrollment for Medicare starts October 15 and ends December 7th this year. This is different from marketplace open enrollment for those who don’t qualify for Medicare which runs from Nov 1st to Jan 15th (the one where you can shop for private non-Medicare health insurance).
During the Annual Enrollment period, Medicare shoppers can:
- Make changes to their coverage and enroll in a Medicare plan.
- Switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage with or without a drug plan.
- Switch from Medicare Advantage to Original Medicare.
- Switch Medicare Advantage plans or without a drug plan.
- Enroll in a Medicare Part D plan.
- Drop a Medicare Part D plan.
Learn more about Medicare Enrollment at FactsonMedicare.Com.
Regardless of which type of coverage you qualify for, your enrollment season is likely coming up, so that means its time to start thinking about changing your plan, getting covered, or verifying your information for 2023!