- If you owe the fee and don’t have coverage yet, this is your opportunity to join the 12 million with Marketplace coverage.
- Over 80% of those who enrolled in 2015 got cost assistance.
- 6 in 10 can get coverage for $100 or less after cost assistance.
- Assistance is only offered through HealthCare.Gov or your state’s Marketplace. You can however get help from a qualifying agent or broker outside the Marketplace in choosing a plan.
- The fee for people who don’t have coverage increases in 2015. If you don’t have health coverage for 2015, the fee is $325 per person or 2% of your household income – whichever is higher.
The Affordable Care Act’s goal isn’t to tax you for not having health insurance, the goal is to offer you tax credits to help you afford coverage.