Open Enrollment 2.5 For Those Who Owe the Fee
From March 15th to April 30th 2015 there is a Special Enrollment Period in the Health Insurance Marketplace for families who don’t have coverage and would owe the fee on their 2014 taxes.
- If you owe the fee and don’t have coverage yet, this is your opportunity to join the 12 million with Marketplace coverage.
- Over 80% of those who enrolled in 2015 got cost assistance.
- 6 in 10 can get coverage for $100 or less after cost assistance.
- Assistance is only offered through HealthCare.Gov or your state’s Marketplace. You can however get help from a qualifying agent or broker outside the Marketplace in choosing a plan.
- The fee for people who don’t have coverage increases in 2015. If you don’t have health coverage for 2015, the fee is $325 per person or 2% of your household income – whichever is higher.
The Affordable Care Act’s goal isn’t to tax you for not having health insurance, the goal is to offer you tax credits to help you afford coverage.
Get all the details “extra enrollment” opportunity and learn more about qualifying for coverage and cost assistance at anytime from March 15th to April 30th.