Get the Facts on the Koch Brothers and public programs like ObamaCare. The Koch Brothers are Oil Barons (only two men) who lead the anti-ObamaCare message. Big oil should keep their hands off our health care. Here is some nformation on the Koch Brothers Everyone should know:
"Charles G. Koch and David H. Koch are the sons of the late Fred C. Koch. Their father founded the second-largest privately held company in the United States, Koch Industries. After having bought out two other brothers' interests, these two brothers remain in control of the family business and fortune left to them by their father. They also control the Koch Family Foundations.
The Koch brothers contribute a large amount of money to conservative, libertarian, and free-market individuals and organizations. They have given more than $196 million to dozens of free-market and advocacy organizations. Tax records indicate that, in 2008, the three main Koch family foundations contributed to 34 political and policy organizations, three of which they founded, and several of which they direct."
The Koch Brothers are some of, if not the, richest men in America. "They provided the initial funding for the Cato Institute, they are key donors to the Federalist Society, and they also support, or are members of, the Mercatus Center, the Institute for Humane Studies, the Institute for Justice, the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution, the Institute for Energy Research, the Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment, Heritage Foundation, the Manhattan Institute, the George C. Marshall Institute, the Reason Foundation, the American Enterprise Institute, American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), and the Fraser Institute."
Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_activities_of_the_Koch_family http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_activities_of_the_Koch_brothers
One of the most powerful forces in the US, ALEC, is a Koch Brothers backed group that drafts state level legislation. Take a look at how the Koch Brothers are corrupting our democracy... Watch this and you'll understand why they don't like PBS. Watch "The United States of ALEC" online.
One Koch Brothers backed group 'American's for Prosperity' (AFP), a political advocacy group called "one of the most powerful conservative organizations in electoral politics", Is on the attack against ObamaCare.
Since 2009 AFP have called ObamaCare, "a government takeover of the United States health care system." Instead of targeting ObamaCare as a whole, AFP and other Koch Brothers backed groups, aim to take it down one piece at a time using big money and shady tactics. The tactic of the day:
Force states that accept Koch Brothers money to reject setting up a state run health insurance exchange.
FACT: The exchanges are online marketplaces where low to middle income individuals and employers can shop for affordable quality health insurance. Insurance companies compete on the exchanges and drive down the cost of insurance premiums.
The following Governors Follow the Koch Brother's Lead:
Mike Pence (IN), John Kasich (OH), Robert Bentley (AL), Bobby Jindal (LA), Sam Brownback (KS), Rick Perry (TX), Nikki Haley (SC), Nathan Deal (GA), Robert McDonnell (VA) and Jay Nixon (MO)
… Are towing the line, regardless of the impact on their constituents.
So when Rick Scott of Florida stood up against the giants, AFP was meet with anger and disbelief,
"AFP IS EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN LEADERS IN FLORIDA SUGGESTING THAT THE SUNSHINE STATE SHOULD CREATE A HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGE. AN EXCHANGE WILL INCREASE INSURANCE PREMIUMS ON CONSUMERS AND TAXES ON HARDWORKING FAMILIES. FLORIDA'S BEST INTENTIONS WILL BE MASKED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT'S ONEROUS REQUIREMENTS." - Americans for Prosperity
ObamaCare isn't the only public program on their agenda. The Koch Brothers and the groups they back like ALEC, AFP and the Heritage Foundation stand against Federal Government, Social Security, Unions, PBS, NPR, EPA, and most public programs that cost them money or get in there way. You don't make over $200k in profit and you don't own a big business, they don't have your interests in mind.
The Koch Brothers backed groups like AFP have spent scary amounts of money to defeat ObamaCare and to place politicians in office who will pass their legislation and tow their line. Public support for repealing ObamaCare is at an all time low and even Rick Scott is starting to realize that his State voted for President Obama and wants health care.
Let's show our support to Rick Scott and let him know that the millions of people who come to ObamaCareFacts.com support this move. It's time for the Koch Brothers to get their hands out of state government and off of our public programs.
Office of Governor Rick Scott
State of Florida
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
Next Koch Brothers Move: Since the NFIB, another group that claims to be for the people but is actually a front for big business, took ObamaCare to court in an effort to repeal it. There one big victory was to rule that states could opt out of Medicaid Expansion to cover 17 million of our countries poorest. Just about every state that is rejecting the exchanges are planning to reject Medicaid Expansion too because, "it's too expensive." Medicaid Expansion is 100% federal funded for 3 years (90% after). Yet another move to destroy a public program.
Here are Some More Koch Brothers Facts and Resources to Help You Understand the Guys Who are Trying to Divide the Country, Take Power Away From the Federal Government and Destroy Public Programs All in the Name of Profit:
"American's For Prosperity spent over $10 million during the 2012 campaign cycle on ads attacking Obamacare and the candidates who supported it. They dropped over $5 million on just one anti-Obamacare ad spot, falsely describing the health law as "one of the largest tax increases in history," even though the Affordable Care Act actually represents a massive tax cut for the middle class." - Kantar Media Group's CMAG
• Koch Industries, which the brothers own, is one of the top ten polluters in the United States — which perhaps explains why the Kochs have given $60 million to climate denial groups between 1997 and 2010.
• The Kochs are the oil and gas industry's biggest donors to the congressional committee with oversight of the hazardous Keystone XL oil pipeline. They and their employees gave more than $300,000 to members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee in 2010 alone.
• From 1998-2008, Koch-controlled foundations gave more than $196 million to organizations that favor polices that would financially enrich the two brothers. In addition, Koch Industries spent $50 million on lobbying and some $8 million in PAC contributions.
• The Koch fortune has its origins in engineering contracts with Joseph Stalin's Soviet Union.
• The Kochs are suing to take over the Cato Institute, which has accused the Kochs of attempting to destroy the group's identity as an independent, libertarian think and align it more closely with a partisan agenda.
• A Huffington Post source who was at a three-day retreat of conservative billionaires said the Koch brothers pledged to donate $60 million to defeat President Obama in 2012 and produce pledges of $40 million more from others at the retreat.
• Since 2000, the Kochs have collected almost $100 million in government contracts, mostly from the Department of Defense.
• Koch Industries has an annual production capacity of 2.2 billion pounds of the carcinogen formaldehyde. The company has worked to keep it from being classified as a carcinogen even though David Koch is a prostate cancer survivor.
• The Koch brothers' combined fortune of roughly $50 billion is exceeded only by that of Bill Gates in the United States.
• The Senate Select Committee on Indian Affairs accused Koch Oil of scheming to steal $31 million of crude oil from Native Americans. Although the company claimed it was accidental, a former executive in this operation said Charles Koch had known about it and had responded to the overages by saying, "I want my fair share, and that's all of it."
• The Koch brothers' net worth tops $50 billion and they have pledged to spend $60 million to defeat President Barack Obama, according to the Huffington Post.
• The Koch PAC is the largest oil and gas contributor — donating more than even ExxonMobil — spending over $1 million in each of the last two cycles. This cycle, it has spent almost $750,000. Koch Industries sends 90 percent of these contributions to Republicans.
• It's the fourth-largest lobbyist in the oil and gas industry, spending$2,300,000 so far in 2012 and over $8 million in 2011.
• Koch Industries emits over 300 million tons of greenhouse gases a year, based on the assumption that Koch emits the same amount of greenhouse pollution per billion dollars in revenue as Exxon and Chevron.
• Flint Hills Resources, a Koch subsidiary, processes 300 million barrels of oil a year. This company is responsible for up to five percent of the U.S. 7-gigaton carbon footprint.
• Koch says itself that the company is on par with big banks and is among the world's top five oil speculators.
• Koch is a major player in driving up gas prices through speculation, hurting American consumers. ThinkProgress reported that in 2008, Koch leased four supertankers to hold oil in the Gulf, leading to a gas price increase anywhere from 20 to 40 cents a gallon at the time.
• According to Inside Climate News, Koch industries "has touched virtually every aspect of the tar sands industry since the company established a toehold in Canada more than 50 years ago." It is active in mining Canada's tar sands and exporting to the U.S., and is active in Canadian politics, with half a million dollars in donations between 2007-2010.
• As reporters consider these factors, Koch has been widely reported as a Big Oil corporation by media outlets like Politico, Forbes, NPR, and Politifact.
• According to the CBO, Obamacare would reduce federal deficits by $127 billion over the 2012–2021 period.
• When Republicans threatened to repeal health reform, the CBO determined that a repeal would increase the deficit by $147 billion.
• Just last month, the CBO found that the insurance coverage provisions of Obamacare will actually cost $50 billion less that it had originally projected.
Charles Koch, one of the Big Oil barons who is dedicating at least $40 million of his own money—and has helped collect $100 million in pledges—to defeat President Obama. Not only did the Koch family foundations contribute nearly $30 million to "set up" and sustain the Mercatus Center, Charles Koch is currently a member of its Board of Directors. The founder of the Mercatus Center, Richard Fink, actually headed the Koch Industries' lobbying operation in Washington, D.C., and is currently the president of the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation.
Right now the Koch Brothers are being talked about more than ever . Don't let talking points fool you, they control those too. Show everyone you know this page, share it on social Media, tell Rick Scott you support him standing up to Big Oil and don't let them tell you this is a conspiracy theory. Keep standing up for ObamaCare and other public programs and show them the American People can't be bought and neither can our Government.